October 11, 2012

We Care Online Staff Highlight - Lynn Cline

This month you get to meet Lynn Cline. 

Lynn has worked in the healthcare field for 30 years. As a child and growing up, she always enjoyed being a caregiver and knew that being a nurse is what she wanted to do for her career. Lynn began working LTC as a teenager, worked for a period of time as a CNA, then continued her education and became an RN.

The majority of Lynn’s work in the healthcare field has been in acute care, working as a Registered Nurse. She has also worked as Director of Nursing in LTC and in Home Care. Lynn is a certified Risk Manager and certified CQI manager for both acute and LTC.  Lynn has a KDADS approval to teach the following courses:   Certified Nurse Aide, Social Service Designee, Activity Director,  Home Health AideMedication Aide and also teaches continuing education for these positions. Lynn’s specialty is in adult education for health care workers in LTC.

Lynn is married and lives with her husband in Tucson, AZ.  The Clines have 2 adult children and 5 grandchildren.  Lynn also has a miniature Border Collie, named Baby Girl that she loves to spoil.

When she is not working Lynn loves to travel every chance she gets. She loves to just get out, drive and find beautiful new places.  She enjoys taking walks with her dog.  She also admits that she is a closet NCIS fan.

Lynn has learned that working in healthcare is a lot of hard work, sadness, and joy but states, “the work satisfaction you get is worth it all.” Lynn notes that there have been many, many changes over her years in the healthcare profession.  In spite of these changes, Lynn states one goal has remained a constant.  That goal is one of being an advocate for patients and the desire to give them the best care physically, mentally and spiritually possible.

Everyone at WeCareOnline plays an important role in helping students have the best online learning experience possible.   Lynn is the founder and owner of WeCareOnline.  She loves teaching and teaches several WCO classes. Since WeCareOnline is an online company, Lynn knows that people don’t get to see her face to face or to see her workspace.  She says that you would see her with a coffee cup in her hand and  seated in her recliner with laptop in hand talking to staff and students. Lynn states:  “It's a blast working from home!”


12 comments:

  1. Good Evening,
    Please advise on where I order the textbook for the SSD course. I plan on taking the course on 12/15. I will also need to pay for the course on 12/14, the day before the course starts, will this be an issue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening,
    Please advise on where I order the textbook for the SSD course. I plan on taking the course on 12/15. I will also need to pay for the course on 12/14, the day before the course starts, will this be an issue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening,
    I am looking forward to completing the CMA update course with you as the instructor. Your story has inspired me to want to continue with my nursing career.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Jessica, I am enrolled in the CMA update class. I look forward to learning some new things upon completion of this course. I have been a CMA for about 8 years, this year I decided to return to school to work on earning a nursing degree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Linda, your profile is interesting! We have something in common we both have children, grandchildren, and dogs! They make my life complete and I love them to pieces! I'm glad you made online courses available, that I can set here and drink my coffee and right in my office and do my CMA update. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Iva, I work at Oswego Home Place in Oswego, Kansas. This is my first time to take the online course, very handy from home. I am excited to learn about some of the new drugs out there now. Thank You for offering the class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. high my name wendy im a CNA/CMA at medicalodge in Atchison iv used wecareonline several times i think its better to do my up dates on line

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn,
    It was a pleasure to read your introduction. I have been working in the nursing field for almost 40 years. I am in the nursing program with 2 semesters left. I am excited to finally be a Nurse soon. This has been my life long dream. I first started as a Nurse Assistant in New York, then moved to Kansas. In Kansas, you had to be certified, therefore I had to retake the course. I then decided I would continue my education and became a restorative aide. I liked seeing the one on one time that activity directors had, so I went to school to be an activity director/social service designee. I still wanted more, I went back to school again and obtained my certified medication aide certification. Now, I did take a long road to keep going back to school, now I'm going to graduate next year with my LPN. I did take some courses for over two years for my BSN, but the clinicals were too long. Knowing me, I'm sure I will eventually obtain it.
    I have worked in the er in New York. When I came to Kansas, I have worked in nursing homes, care homes, assisted living facilities, and hospitals on the heart specialty floors. I also worked private duty. I enjoyed private duty the most because it isn't fast paced and there was time to listen to wonderful stories that the patients shared.
    I'm married, having 5 children, and 12 grandchildren. All the kiddos have flown the coup. So we have an amazing dog named sissy poo. She is a Pom-chi. She keeps us going when happy, sad etc.
    In our spare time, my husband and I enjoy going fishing.
    I look forward to this medication aide update class to see what is being offered in new medications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my name is Anita I work at an innovative living facility. We are their guest. They get up when they want, sleep when they want and eat whatever they order. We are all cross trained to do several jobs .

      Delete
  9. My name is Teresa Turnbow I am enrolled in the CMA update course and my med aide has expired and I did not know it so I am hoping I can get my name on the registry as soon as possible so I can work thanks Teresa Turnbow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Currently, I work in a hospital (for 7+ years) and I enjoyed reading your profile and seeing firsthand your own career progression. I am currently enrolled in the CHUC program (I love that this training program is all done online and I don't have to drive anywhere in bad weather - and, I can study at times (day or night) when it is convenient for me). Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi my name is Kim I have been a cna for 22years and a cma for 4years.

    ReplyDelete