September 17, 2014

10 Things Bosses Never Tell Employees, But Should

Even if you're an exceptional boss -- and here's how to tell if you're an exceptional boss --there’s a lot you don’t know about your employees.
There’s also a lot employees don’t know about you.
Here are a few things bosses wish they could say to their employees... but never do:
1. "I really do care whether you like me."
I want you to like me. When I come off like a hard-ass who doesn’t care about your opinions, it’s mostly because I'm insecure or uncertain of my authority.
If I’m the owner, my business is an extension of myself. If I’m your boss, the company is at least partly an extension of myself. So I want you to like your job.
And I definitely want you to like me-- whether it seems like it or not.
2. "I don't think I know everything."
A few people stepped in, without being asked, and made a huge difference in my professional life. I will always be grateful to them.
So I don’t offer you advice because I think I’m all knowing or all-powerful. I see something special in you, and I’m repaying the debt I owe to the people who helped me.
Read the other 8 things here: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment