May 26, 2015

Exercise Together: 100 Great Family Fitness Ideas

What’s one of the biggest obstacles to bringing family fitness into your family life? Ideas.

Just like our kids, we inevitably get hit with that question, “What should we do?”

The first secret to making family fitness work, is to grab little moments and sneak activity in.

The second secret is to streamline things so you can quickly move from planning to doing.

To apply both of these secrets, the last thing you want to be spending time doing is trying to come up with an inspiration for activity.

So to make that question, “What should we do?” disappear like dust in the wind, I pulled my husband and kids together to brainstorm a list of fun activities for family fitness.

Initially I was just thinking let’s try to get to 100. But then I realized this could get much better and bigger . . .

I’d love for you to add your ideas and favorite activities here. Just put them in the comments. Let’s see how far we can go!

(By the way, I realized I cheated a bit here.  I didn’t notice it the first time I wrote this up but I put cleaning the house down twice as an activity. You can see where I want to get the crew moving! And yes, active chores count!)

  1. Play tag
  2. Play hide and seek
  3. Toss the football
  4. Play ultimate football (Make teams and see how you can move the ball up to your goal line by simply doing several passes in a row back and forth. Other team tries to intercept.)
For More Great Ideas and Original Article.

Learn what it takes to become an Activities Director.

No comments:

Post a Comment