October 21, 2014

Apple Pie: Best Part of Fall

For me, there are three signs that winter is approaching.
When it’s time to pull horseshoes, harvest carrots from the garden and bake apple pie, the best of the autumn days are dwindling.

Every season has its moments, and making apple pie is one of my favorite parts of fall. It brings back memories of learning how to make pie crust with my mom.

My mom, Shirley Fester, died six years ago, and one of my most treasured possessions is the handwritten recipe card she gave me when I was in my 20s. A lot of families will take mom or grandma’s recipes, type them into a computer and print out copies for everyone to have. That’s a great way to pass along the favorite dishes, but the scribbles on a tattered recipe card provide a real connection to that person.

For more and original article.

Learn what it takes to become a certified nurse aide. Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment